I prefer that patients ask more overarching questions, such as the overall treatment plan.
This list is appropriate for all patients.
- Write down symptoms, use an agenda, notebook or planner, filling extra notes.
- Save the list from the pharmacy, which lists all of your prior medications. Tape it into your agenda.
- Write down all over-the-counter medications. They may be important, including vitamins and other supplements, e.g., creams, herbs, lotions.
- Create questions for your doctor. They may include:
- What might be causing my signs and symptoms?
- Are tests needed to confirm the diagnosis?
- What treatment approach do you recommend?
- What are the side effects from this treatment?
- What are the alternatives to the primary treatment approach that you're suggesting?
- What health routines do you recommend to improve my symptoms?
Click images to access the resources on 5 Questions to Ask your Doctor