It's been a tough time.
We logged over 2000km on the car: 12 trips of 85 km to the city hospital.
Social and emotional stress abounds, as we change up our routines, I've picked up all hubby's chores.
There are costs for individuals:
- workplace: on the job stress, or being unable to work, the self-employed or those on hourly wages without benefits,
- social issues: not having a social life, friends phoning too much,
- emotional issues: grief, pregrieving, worry, insomnia
- financial costs: spending nights in the city before early a.m. appointments,
- physical demands: doing extra laundry, getting up in the night is draining,
- meal prep: having the energy to make meals, eating in restaurants isn't cheap while on the road to and from appointments, finding palatable foods for the patient...
|Parking isn't cheap or easy to find|
Hubby's still having some issues, and our dear surgeon has been good at getting back to us.