|He removed the batter, perfect.|
9:45 a.m. Feed deer and birds
|I powered up on carbs. |
Tomato juice gave me some veggie content!
11:15 a.m. Arrived at the Twisted Lizard for lunch. Hubby checked the menu on-line, and found something he could eat. No fries (they upset his stomach), he wanted to substitute rice. They were out of rice! Instead, our server Victoria offered steamed veggies. PERFECT!
12:30 p.m. We made it to the hospital for our 1:00 p.m. appointment.
From then on, it was a dance through departments, and meeting new nurses!
It's quite the protocol!
- Admitting - for paperwork, signing forms, giving a credit card for uncovered expenses. They gave us booklets on Pain Management, Visitor Protocols, what to bring, what not to bring, maps of the critical care wing.
- Urine test - he had to do two, and the first had a problem, found, thankfully, before we'd left.
- Vital information: height, weight, BP, pulse, more forms and questions. (RN)
- 1:35 p.m. ECG test - his heart is good. (RN)
- 2:15 p.m. Blood test - 5 blood samples were taken: research, blood type, electrolyte levels, etc. (RN)
- Anesthesiologist (DR) - There was more data taken, his heart listened to, written and inputted into his computer file: information on previous surgeries, and whether he has had anesthesia before, that kind of thing. As hubby said, he's a 'surgery virgin'. Sometimes you just have to laugh. They have 20 anesthesiologists at the hospital. She won't be ours on the day of surgery.
3:10 We were done. We validated and paid the parking, another $13.
5:00 Back in town, dinner at the pub!
|O'Reilly's in Perth!|