Sunday, October 21, 2012

Saying goodbye to Harry Wahl


Muskoka Mosaic: A life worth living

MEMORIES. Husband and wife, Harry and Astrid Wahl, spent time sharing memories during Harry's stay at Hospice Huntsville. He passed away on Oct. 13 after a third battle with cancer. Mandi Hargrave
HUNTSVILLE – In his 78 years Harry Wahl did a lot of living, taking in as many experiences as he could. So when it was his time to say goodbye to the life he loved, to his dear wife, to his children, grandchildren and friends, he was ready and at peace with his oncoming departure.


“I have never been so much at peace as I am at this moment,” said Wahl, from his bed at Hospice Huntsville. “I’ve always considered death to be a part of living. I’ve never shied away from it. I’m looking forward, with a lot of curiosity, to seeing what’s at the end of the tunnel. Even if I find there’s no light there, I’ve been a spectator of the universe and that in itself is reward enough.”
Part of Wahl’s peace came from knowing he’s taken care of his funeral arrangements, finances and the home he shared with his wife, Astrid, to help make the transition easier on her.

No comments: