The local news is not good, and I am sure not isolated to Central Ontario.
- Hospital abandoning patients who are in need of physiotherapy
- Union blasts hospital over bed closures, job cuts
- Hospital board under fire for service cuts
- Public needs to speak out about hospital cuts
- Hospital to lose beds, nurses
- Balanced budget not likely for 24 months: Lockhart
- Hospital, LHIN staff take home top dollars
- eHealth Ontario Board of Directors initiates third-party audit
- Province unveils electronic health
- Ontario Budget 2009 - Government Investment in eHealth
- Ontario’s eHealth Strategy Released
See: Reporter's Notebook: A Good Servant - e-Health in Ontario
Lots of great examples on how we can improve rural health care. The reporter writes:
It was part of a pilot project that was abandoned after the Ministry of Health merged the e-Health program into e-Health Ontario. The presentation has never been made public before. It provides a fascinating glimpse of how an e-health portal could benefit healthcare users.
- Series Overview
- Mary Wiens talks with Andy Barrie about the need to move health management online.
- Should health records be online?
- Stephen Strauss spoke to Matt Galloway about the potential problems of an online health system.