Monday, October 2, 2006

Incontinence

Brian arrives before 8:00 a.m., in time for breakfast. Dad ate a double ration of breakfast. All seems much better. Perhaps, as the Charge Nurse says, he needs to become acclimatized to his new surroundings. When I arrive at 3:30 in the afternoon he is sleeping. I walk into the room and he is quiet and peaceful. He is now incontinent. Depending upon others to clean him up and change his adult diapers, bedclothes and clothing. When he awoke we tried to communicate. He tells me, “You don’t have to do laundry.” As always, I just nod and smile. There is a time, before Mom and Dad deigned to purchase hearing aids, that Mom will nod and smile to everything I would say. She really did not hear what I said, but does not want to admit that she could not hear us. What a weird turn of events.

No comments: